LANCASTER MUSIC TEACHERS ASSOCIATION
Serving the Lancaster music community through student activities and teacher enrichment
Welcome to Lancaster Music Teachers Association, the local affiliate of Music Teachers National Association and Pennsylvania Music Teachers Association. Please visit and LIKE our Facebook page for photos and last minute news about LMTA events.
Looking for a music teacher? CLICK HERE
. . .
Lancaster Music Teachers Association was founded in 1969 by a small group of local teachers intent on creating an organization that would promote continuing education for independent music teachers and learning opportunities for their students. The association has grown to a membership of over 50 teachers, working together to provide enrichment for local teachers and performance experiences for hundreds of students. Throughout its history, the LMTA membership has included independent music teachers, college faculty members, classroom music teachers, and music merchants. LMTA members have consistently served at the local, state (PMTA) and national (MTNA) levels and continue to work toward the goals of the original members. is the local affiliate of Pennsylvania Music Teachers Association (PMTA) and Music Teachers National Association (MTNA). LMTA is the only local organization specifically serving independent music teachers and their students through teacher enrichment events and student activities.
Members of LMTA can take advantage of monthly teacher enrichment sessions, student recitals, competitions and festivals sponsored by LMTA and its state and national affiliates, an active teacher referral listing, networking with local music teachers, benefits packages offered by MTNA, teacher enrichment grants, professional conferences at the state and national level, and opportunities to grow musically and professionally.
Lancaster Music Teachers Association is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, welcoming tax deductible contributions from interested patrons.
. . .
Lancaster Music Teachers Association serves its membership and the community by:
• Assisting the professional growth and musical development of its members through programming that encourages and supports teaching, music making, learning, and creativity
• Providing learning and performance opportunities for students of LMTA members
• Promoting local awareness of the value of music education for all
• Advocating for local music education and local performing arts
• Encouraging teachers and students to enthusiastically continue development of their musical skills
• Creating networking possibilities between musicians, teachers, and music merchants in the Lancaster area
. . .